Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back For The First Time

Yeah yeah, I know. Its been a long time since I last posted a blog. I have been away. Away from the internet that is. Believe me, I didn’t enjoy it either. I missed you too even though you peeps are too lazy too drop comments on any of my blogs.

So what’s new with me, you might ask. Anything worth mentioning from my months of absence? Anything that Guinness Book of Records would be interested in?
Well, sorry to disappoint you folk. I came back to shore with my boat empty. Didn’t manage to catch any “fish” while I was out “at sea”.

Sometimes you need disappointments in life to realize that you are not in control as much as you would fool yourself in your thinking. I have learnt that if you can’t handle disappointments, you will have a hard time trying to trust God. Don’t get me wrong.
I’m not saying that God will always disappoint you. That’s just so far from truth. The Word says that, He will grant us the desires of our hearts.

Remember the Preacher when he wrote that, there is a TIME for everything. Each and every thing, minute as it may seem, has got to come forth at its proper time. So when God gives you a word of promise, Do not be like the Greek man who ran out of the bathroom butt naked without realizing after he had discovered what we have come to know as the Pythagoras Theorem.
Sometimes it is best if will “wait” and collect ourselves before we go out and shout it to the whole world.
Be encouraged when some of the plans that you have do not come to fruitation. Relax man. There is such a thing as timing. Just like in a game of baseball, you can’t just swing the bat before the ball is thrown at you. ( Talk about being stupid ).
You have got to wait. Even when it is thrown, you wait for the perfect moment to strike it with the bat. When you swing that bat, just as the ball is closer to you and the bat, be rest assured for a home-run.

So we had a youth retreat out at Hunnington Retreat Centre that ran from 4April-7April. Talk about the roof being on fire. We had a “gas” of a time under His Watchful Eyes.
This time around, we were yet again privileged to have fellow brothers and sisters from America.

My heart felt thanks go to Vital Connections for organizing such programs that equip the youth “for the work of the ministry” in AFRICA. It would be so unfair if I end here without thanking the following peeps who were part of the team from the States…. A big thank you goes out to: Matt Korn, Aaron Carriere, Pst. Mike Carriere, Amy Thomas, Kim Heilman, Michelle Rice and Teresa Pippel.
This lovely bunch of sweet people did wonders and served in a worthy manner. They left such a dent down here in Zim and I’m sure the impact is going to ripple effect and cross over boarders both regionally and internationally…..

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More